Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dessert Sushi



Every other Thursday, my department gets together after work in the kitchen of our office floor and sips wine, eats snacks, and unwinds a bit. When I first started in the team, it was a great way for all of us to get to know each other a bit more, and I think it's made us better at working together.

This time, I decided to revive a silly little recipe I found about 5 years ago, I think on Disney.com, for 'dessert sushi'. It was billed as a great April Fool's Day prank, alongside other 'food that looks like other food' recipes. But it's actually pretty good, for a sweet, playful snack.

Making them is just like making real sushi, though you use rice crispy treat mix (freshly made, before it sets) instead of rice, and use green fruit leather instead of nori, and gummy worms for the filling. My team seemed to enjoy them, as well as other folks who tried them.

No comments: