Friday, March 14, 2008

Squid & Ink



Tonight we made plans to meet up with a coworker of my fiance and her boyfriend for dinner. She's vegan, and her boyfriend's vegetarian, and they know I eat a lot of vegetarian fare, so we met up at a completely vegan restaurant down in Georgetown called Squid & Ink. I've become so used to vegan restaurants in Seattle being all pan-Asian cuisine, that I thought that's what we'd be having... but I was pleasantly surprised to learn they serve vegan versions of classic American diner food. The menu includes Montecristo sandwiches, Fish & Chips, Chicken Fried Steak, Stroganoff, and other dishes, all made with completely vegan (and often wheat-free) ingredients. I tried the Fish & Chips, and my fiance went for the Chicken Fried Steak. We both enjoyed our meal, and the company, and I look forward to going back again to try more menu items... as well as getting together with Nicole & Chris again sometime. They told us about their favorite Ethiopian place in the Northgate area, which would be great to try out.



Squid & Ink on Urbanspoon

No comments: