Wednesday, August 13, 2008

P.F. Chang



After work tonight I met up with Dan and our friend Ruth for dinner at P.F. Chang's in Downtown Seattle. Ruth just started a job at Nordstrom, and I work downtown, so we picked a spot that we could all get to easily (Dan had to bus over from the UW, but there are some great expresses).



The excuse to hang out was that Ruth will once again be caring for our house, garden, and cat while we do a bit of traveling soon, but it wouldn't take an excuse for us to want to spend time with Ruth. She's just that delightful to be around. I always feel inspired after we hang out, since she's got her fingers in a variety of creative pies at any given moment - most notably of late, producing the Stay Up Late Show.



Although we were so engrossed in conversation from the moment we all arrived that our poor waiter kept having to circle back just to see if we were ready to order drinks, we eventually ordered both drinks and some food. I opted for the Plum Collins ($8), which combines plum vodka, plum wine, and lemon juice (plus some soda water, I'm fairly sure) to create a tall, pink, refreshing cocktail. Dan chose Kirin, while Ruth opted for a white wine. I relaxed my self-imposed food restrictions for the meal, and we went family style: ordering the Pepper Steak, Chang's spicy chicken, and Crispy Honey Shrimp.



No comments: