Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tangerine Tree



One of my favorite people in the world, my friend Lindsey, came to town this weekend. 5 years ago she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the media world (behind the scenes), and I miss her. But she surprised me with a text message from Portland yesterday, and her train came to town today!



Dan & I picked her up at the station and headed to get some dinner. She's a popular gal, and always has a packed schedule when in town to try to see everyone here in Seattle who misses her. So we only had a short time to get to a restaurant, get food, eat, chat and catch up before she had to meet another friend and head to a competition.* Since she was meeting Leilani at Babeland, and we'd talked about eating Vietnamese, we switched up or destination and hit Tangerine Tree, upstairs from the QFC on Broadway and Harvard -- and just a half block from Babeland.



Ever since my job moved me from the International District to Downtown, I've not been getting my usual Pho fix, so that's what I went for - Tofu Pho. Every place does it a little different - featuring different broths, condiments and veggies -- but this was definitely good, and had plenty of everything. As you can see from the before and after shots, I love my condiments in Pho, and add plenty of everything to make a spicy, brownish orange broth. Perfect for those days when you're not feeling very well.



* Though Lindsey ended up staying a couple nights at our place, so we got a bit more time to talk in the mornings before she was whisked off to conferences and meals and stuff.

Tangerine Tree on Urbanspoon

No comments: