Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner



My side of the family gets together for dinner and gifts every Christmas Eve. We've traditionally gone out to eat, but this year my folks decided to cook dinner at their place. (I think they enjoy cooking more with their cool new double oven - I sure would).

They made a ham, scalloped potatoes, seafood cocktail, and cool jello molds shaped like snowflakes... though the molds wouldn't unmold properly. It was all great, and I couldn't resist seconds of the potatoes.

After dinner we exchanged gifts. It was no surprise I got lots of great new kitchen gear, including some little stainless cups for my mise en place, a cookbook stand, muffin and mini muffin tins, reusable silicone baking cups (to replace the paper or aluminum ones used for cupcakes), and a whole set of silicon cook/bakeware.

And after gifts were exchanged, my Mom whipped up a blueberry cobbler with some frozen yogurt, as a delicious dessert to end the evening.


No comments: