Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Salmon with Kale & Potatoes



When I saw the post titled "One Great Meal and One I'd Like to Forget" over on Farmers Market Forays, I knew I had to read on. And when I read Ellen's use of Olsen Farms potatoes roasted then mixed with blanched kale together, I knew I wanted to try it out.

"The fingerlings were sliced horizontally in half (they had a gorgeous pinkish flesh) then tossed with some garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil. I roasted them at 400° for about 30 minutes, then added the kale which had been blanched and sliced."

Rather than fingerlings, I used the 'All Red' Potatoes we got from Olsen Farms, which were a beautiful red inside, perfect against the frilly, green backdrop of Lancinato Kale from Willie Green's. To go with it, I baked a Keta Salmon Fillet from Loki Fish Co., which I smeared with a little olive oil, chopped fresh thyme and chives, and seasoned.

I have to agree it was one great meal. Dan even went back for seconds of the potatoes and kale!

No comments: