Monday, February 16, 2009

Roasted Sweet Potato Enchiladas



Dan had a great idea to make some Sweet Potato enchiladas tonight, to use up the leftover sauce from the Chicken Enchilada Casserole.

I used 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2 cubes, tossed them with olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder, and roasted them on a sheet pan at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. I then took them out and allowed them to cool.

In the meantime, Dan grated some cheeses and I minced some green and red onion, then cooked it a bit in a saucepan before tossing it with the potatoes. We rolled pan-warmed corn tortillas up with a little of the potato mixture and a little cheese, and packed 8 of them into a 8x8 pyrex casserole dish. I covered it with the leftover enchilada sauce, sprinkled with a little more cheese, then baked at 400 for about 25 minutes - until the cheese was melted. I garnished them with chopped green onion tops.

No comments: