Friday, March 6, 2009

Frugal Fridays: Eat Fresh



I was admittedly in a bit of a rush this week to grab a bite for Frugal Friday... so I didn't get too adventurous or stray too far. Instead, I relied on marketing to guide me. As the words 'Five-Dollar Foot Long' rang in my head, I wandered down to Subway Sandwiches, just a couple blocks from my office.



Of course, Subway's $5 Footlong deal doesn't come in below five bucks after tax, so those deals were off the table, so to speak. But a footlong is more food than I needed for lunch, anyway. Thankfully, they have a great selection of 6 inch subs to choose from that nearly all come in under $5 after tax. I went with the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on a Honey Oat bread, with some pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, honey mustard, salt, and pepper - all for just $4.70 with tax.

Admittedly, this isn't the most interesting revelation - that Subway has sandwiches for under $5. But given that they have locations damn near everywhere (30,696 in 88 countries), it is a frugal lunch option that a lot of folks can sink their teeth into.



(Frugal Fridays is a weekly series dedicated to finding Seattle lunch spots where you can walk in with a $5 bill and walk out with a fulfilling, preferably healthy, lunch. If you have suggestions of places in the Seattle area with a great lunch for under $5 after tax, post a comment - I'd love the help.)

Subway (808 3rd Ave.) on Urbanspoon

No comments: