Friday, March 13, 2009

Frugal Fridays: Tacos Tacos Tacos

For this week's Frugal Friday lunch, I didn't really have a game plan. I've been re-reading Thich Nhat Hanh's Peace Is Every Step, and I decided to make my lunch today a walking meditation of sorts - just wandering around and observing what I see - and accepting if I do or don't find a great $5 lunch.



My walk took me to Pioneer Square, which is loaded with interesting shops and lots of lunch options I forget are so close. I saw BBQ, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Mediterranean, Italian, burgers and pizza, but ultimately was drawn in by the numerous cheap lunch options at Taco Del Mar.

Every day they have a special that's often well under $5, and there are also plenty of menu items that meet the Frugal Fridays criteria. Their Mondito burrito was an option, as was a meat quesadilla. But I went for the 2 taco deal, which came to $4.70 after tax and definitely filled me up.

I had camera and camera phone issues today, so no pictures to illustrate my lunch this time... but I assure you it was tasty. And according to their web site, Taco Del Mar is giving away Free Tacos on Tax day - so mark you calendar, cuz there's nothing more frugal than free.



(Frugal Fridays is a weekly series dedicated to finding Seattle lunch spots where you can walk in with a $5 bill and walk out with a fulfilling, preferably healthy, lunch. If you have suggestions of places in the Seattle area with a great lunch for under $5 after tax, post a comment - I'd love the help.)



Taco Del Mar (Pioneer Square) on Urbanspoon

No comments: