Monday, March 23, 2009

Krab Caesar Salad & Garlic Bread



I sprained my ankle today* and Dan couldn't sleep last night at all - so tonight's easy dinner was perfect. After some snacks of brie melted on bread, he whipped up Caesar salads using leftover krab, and made some garlic bread with leftover Challah.



* I was walking down our steep hill (McClellan) to the bus on Rainier, and there's a lot of construction that's been going on due to the Light Rail. The sidewalk is torn up in places, and uneven, and generally the whole area is in disarray. Every morning it's a new adventure whether I'll be walking on metal planks, diverted across the street where there's no sidewalk, or given no guidance and left to fend for myself. As I passed a worker, they said for me to watch my step - not in a specific "Watch out for that rock!" way, but in a general, kind reminder sort of way. When I turned back over my shoulder to say "Thank you", I ended up stepping on an uneven spot in the sidewalk and my left ankle snapped to the left, sending me to the ground. I tore a whole through a relatively new pair of jeans, skinning my knee and hand, and really twisted my ankle badly. After catching my breath and gathering up my belongings (my bag dumped out on the sidewalk), the worker helped me up to my feet and I decided to head into work anyway, given that on Mondays I have a 50 page packet of reports to compile that needs to be done, and no one else knows how. I spent the day with my feet up on a chair, ice packs on my knee and ankle - and popping anti-inflammatories. But I got the report done in record time and was able to head home at 3.

No comments: