Sunday, March 15, 2009

Turkey Havarti Melts with Soup



This morning, Dan & I got up at the crack of dawn to participate in the St. Paddy's Day Dash - a charity 5K race. When we opened the drapes to look outside, it was snowing. Apparently, this was the first time in 25 years that they've had snow on race day - but we didn't let it stop us. We both bundled up with lots of layers, and I grabbed a green furry rabbit suit, just in case. When we got to the race, I decided it was definitely cold enough that I could run in a bunny suit, so I put it on (costumes are encouraged, and prizes are awarded for the best "wearing o' the green").

I wasn't sure how I'd do in the race, but I ended up jogging most of the 5 kilometers, and had a great time. Dan ran the whole way, which made me very proud.

Unfortunately, for the second time now, I got a post-race migraine a few hours after we got home. We had planned to make Pad See Ew tonight, but switched it up and Dan made us some soup and sandwiches - Turkey, Havarti melts, to be exact. They were delicious, and the soup warmed me up after a cold, wet day.

No comments: