Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bacon Topped Maple Bar



At last night's potluck, James mentioned Voodoo Donuts in Portland, where you can get a Maple Bar topped with Bacon.

This morning, Dan went to get our groceries for the week, and when he returned I was instructed not to come in the kitchen - that he had a surprise for me: A Bacon Topped Maple Bar.

The warm bacon was cooked perfectly, and melted just slightly into the maple icing of the donut. The length of the bacon was perfect, so every bite had bacon and maple bar. Dan commented that there was nothing odd about the combination, and it was like every maple bar should be topped with a slice of bacon. I concur.

I love that Dan is enjoying cooking and creating with food as much as I do. It feels wonderful to share so many of our passions, and to constantly inspire and encourage one another.

1 comment: