Friday, April 17, 2009

Chicken & Dumplings



For our Friday night dinner, we made up another yummy batch of Chicken & Dumplings using the recipe Dan's Mom shared with us. Dan remembered that she usually puts in carrots, so I chopped up a couple and tossed them in early in the cooking process, so they were mostly soft by the time the dish was done. We also added fresh herbs to the dumplings both times we've made this, which is our own little addition.

One thing I've questioned both times I've made this is whether I'm supposed to add any additional liquid along with the cans of soup - given that the soup can calls for a full can of water. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, though I've put an additional 1/2 cup in and the consistency is still fine. It may be that I need to add more water at the beginning.

One thing I really like about this recipe is that the prep time is quite short, despite the total cooking time being about an hour. And Carolyn tells me she uses Bisquick to make the dumplings, which saves even more prep time.

No comments: