Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Red Robin



Dan ended up working an 11 hour day today, so when I got home from work I grabbed the car and picked him up, and we went straight to Red Robin and ordered a couple drinks - a Manny's for Dan, and an Absolute Lemonade for me.



Dan went for a Teriyaki chicken burger, and I went for the '5 alarm burger', which has jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. I was surprised when I was asked how I wanted the burger cooked and I wasn't allowed to get it cooked rare, which was initially disconcerting. But the burger was still tasty, if a little less juicy than I make them.

And yes, that's mustard and ketchup mixed together for my french fry dipping sauce. I like the tanginess of the mustard mixed with the sweetness of the ketchup to balance each other out. It's about the only time I'll eat ketchup, since I think the corn syrup they use in most brands is just too much sweetness on things like burgers and hot dogs.



Red Robin on Urbanspoon

No comments: