Friday, July 24, 2009

Frugal Fridays: Amigos & Beba's Redux



For my third week of revisiting previous Frugal Friday spots in search of additional deals, I returned to my very first frugal friday spot: Amigos & Beba's on the terrace of the Municipal Tower at 5th and Columbia. The restaurant is two in one: Amigos Fresh Mex, and Beba's Sandwiches - all run by the same folks.



Scanning the Amigos menu, I realized just how many of their menu items fall under the $5 price point - even after tax. Although tempted by my usual veggie taco, I decided to see what their Veggie Burrito was like. My answer: ENORMOUS.

For just $3.75 ($4.13 after tax) you get a large flour tortilla stuffed to the gills with beans, lettuce, pico de gallo salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.



Add to that any or all of the salsas and condiments on hand, like spicy pickled carrots, onions, and jalapenos, or fresh cilantro, and you've got a serious meal for a pittance. It's more than enough for me for lunch, though perhaps not quite enough to share with someone else - so do yourself a favor and plan on having some leftovers. Maybe it'll be the perfect thing to get you over that 3pm hump when the end of the workday seems far off, but dinner is still too close for you to chow on anything too substantial.



(Frugal Fridays is a weekly series dedicated to finding Seattle lunch spots where you can walk in with a $5 bill and walk out with a fulfilling, preferably healthy, lunch. If you have suggestions of places in the Seattle area with a great lunch for under $5 after tax, post a comment - I'd love the help.)

Bebas & Amigos on Urbanspoon

No comments: