Friday, July 10, 2009

Frugal Fridays: Cherry Street Coffee House Redux



I previously wrote a Frugal Friday about Cherry Street Coffee House titled 'Is This Cheating?', because my lunch was largely paid for by a friend. And that's not really in the spirit of Frugal Friday... but it was all I had for you that week.



But this time around, my lunch buddy Leah and I met up at Cherry Street again, and I scanned the menu more thoroughly for something under the Frugal Friday $5 after tax price point. And I spotted the Hummus Platter at $4.25 pre-tax.

It includes a generous portion of hummus topped with a couple kalamata olives, along with some pita bread, carrots, mint and a small orange wedge. It was no Chicken Salad Sandwich, but it was pretty filling, very flavorful, and certainly well rounded.



(Frugal Fridays is a weekly series dedicated to finding Seattle lunch spots where you can walk in with a $5 bill and walk out with a fulfilling, preferably healthy, lunch. If you have suggestions of places in the Seattle area with a great lunch for under $5 after tax, post a comment - I'd love the help.)

Cherry Street Coffee House on Urbanspoon

No comments: