Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween!



Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday, which is no surprise to anyone who knows me. When I was a kid, my parents and I would decorate the yard with homemade gravestones and creatures, played 'spooky' music, and generally tried to make the trick-or-treating experience more fun. We also made a trip to Northgate every year to pick out something to add to the decorations at Display & Costume Supply.



When we moved into a house a couple years ago, I returned to those traditions, and this year was no exception. Dan & I made a trip to Display & Costume in the morning and picked up a few new things to add to our Halloween decorations, and I spent the day putting them up while the neighbor kids watched. My fog machine failed me this year, but all the other components came together (some at the last minute, like carving pumpkins).

I also put together gift bags for the first 20 trick-or-treaters, that included a bat/skull/spider ring, a glow bracelet, and several pieces of candy. I was amazed at how quickly those went, as I had to switch to the bowl of loose candy and glow bracelets within about the first half-hour.















Since I was running back and forth to the door every few minutes, we went for a simple dinner of store-bought pizza tonight.

No comments: