Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cheese Fondue



Using a family recipe given to me by my Mom, tonight I made cheese fondue and we dipped french bread, blanched broccoli & cauliflower, and red bell pepper into it - though Dan more successfully than I. Somehow through the years, we've lost all but one fondue skewer, so Dan used a fork, which turned out much better at holding onto the bread and veggies. But it wouldn't be fondue if you weren't digging things out of the cheese, I suppose. In fact, isn't there some sort of tradition surrounding the first person to lose something in the pot?

Cheese Fondue
1 can of beer
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz Swiss cheese
2 Tbspn flour
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
dash of Tabasco (or any hot sauce)
1 clove garlic

Shred cheeses. Rub sides of pot with garlic. Heat beer to a boil. Add shredded cheeses, flour, salt, and pepper slowly until it is all melted. Add Tabasco to taste.

No comments: