Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lottie's Lounge



I worked late tonight, so I called Dan and we decided to meet up in Columbia City for dinner. We promised ourselves that for the month of April, we'd not go to any restaurant we've been to before (at least for dinners) - to force ourselves to explore all the amazing restaurants in our area that we've yet to try. One on that list was Lottie's Lounge.



I went for a eggplant Parmesan sandwich, which was delicious on Columbia City Bakery bread - but I was actually most blown away by the side salad, of all things. Rather than a throw-away little salad of iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes, this was a crisp, flavorful mix of spring greens, topped with some crumbled soft cheese, candied walnuts, and blueberries. It was a star all by itself, and seemed to me to point to the effort that goes into the food at Lottie's. This is not a gastro-pub where the food is an afterthought.

Coincidentally, tonight also happened to be the night my friend Josh was spinning records at Lottie's, so we stuck around a little longer to catch the start of his set, and catch up with him a bit. Good surprises all around.



Lottie's Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments: