Monday, April 5, 2010

Red Curry Chicken



I was reminded as I pulled Quick & Easy Thai Cuisine: Lemon Grass Cookbook of the shelf and flipped to the Red Curry Chicken recipe, that the reason I like this cookbook so much is the simple recipes paired with lots of step-by-step photos... and it struck me that maybe I should aim to do more of the same here. Tonight I took it slow and snapped photos each step of the way, and will do my best to do this more in the future.



Red Curry Chicken
14 oz can of coconut milk
1 Tbspn red curry paste
1/4 cup fish sauce
2 Tbspn sugar
1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
4-6 dried red chilies (optional)
5-8 kaffir lime leaves
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves



Combine half the coconut milk with curry paste in a pan over high heat.



Whisk to combine.



Add chicken, fish sauce and sugar.



Add chilies, if using. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until chicken is done.



Add remaining coconut milk and lime leaves. Heat through. Garnish with basil just before serving.



No comments: