Friday, April 16, 2010

Shrimp Fried Rice



Thanks to my migraines, dinners this week ended up shuffled a bit, with me using ingredients differently than planned to keep things easy. Last night's pan roasted chicken with spinach pasta sauce was supposed to be chicken picatta, and the spaghetti & marinara were supposed to be for shrimp pasta tonight. So tonight I instead used leftover rice from last weekend, and veggies from the crisper, to make a shrimp fried rice, instead.

I started with garlic & ginger in some peanut oil in the wok, then once they got fragrant, added some sliced carrots. Once they'd cooked a minute or so, I added chopped red bell pepper. Next, the rice went in, along with a mix of oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha hot sauce. I let that cook up for awhile, then realized there was nothing green in the mix - so I grabbed some frozen peas and dumped them in. Once it was all heated through, I poured the rice mixture into a bowl. Then I tossed the shrimp with a little more sauce into the hot wok, and cooked them through. Quick, easy, and tasty. Perfect when it feels like something's trying to bore it's way out of our skull.

No comments: