Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pork Tenderloin, Plantains and Asparagus



Rosemary made it's way into all three parts of tonight's dinner. Sprigs of it were inserted into the pork tenderloin before it was drizzled with olive oil, seasoned with salt & pepper, seared in a hot pan and then popped in a 400 degree oven until done (maybe 20 minutes or so, give it was a small loin). A sprig was popped in with the asparagus (picked up from Alm Hill Gardens at the CC Farmers Market yesterday), along with some lemon wedges, while it steamed - though I can't say I noticed an impact from doing so. And I chopped rosemary and sliced garlic, which I tossed into the hot clarified butter in which I fried the sliced plantains.

Dan revealed he's been picking a variety of starches - quinoa, plantains, yams, potatoes, rice, etc - to mix things up. I've been enjoying finding different ways to make them. After dinner, I roasted a second batch of the plantains in the oven to include in our lunches tomorrow - to see if that's a viable alternative to frying.

No comments: