Friday, March 21, 2008

The Cha Cha and El Sombrero



Tonight I ended up at work late for a party for a coworker, then headed straight to the new Cha Cha Lounge to meet up with my fiance, Dan - and a bunch of our friends. We were all meeting up to see our friend Sarah, down visiting Seattle while she's on Spring Break from school up in Bellingham (my alma mater, WWU).



It was my first time in the new space, and I was impressed by the decor. It's sorta trashy vegasy kitsch, I suppose, but in a good way. Lots of flowers and sombreros and stuff on the ceilings (as with the old space), but they put some nice touches in like a lit wall. Having had a bit of red wine at work, I stuck to one margarita. It was great to see so many of our friends that I don't see as often now that I live a bit farther South, and great to get a chance to talk to Sarah.



After a margarita at the Cha Cha, we decided we wanted food (Mexican food), but didn't want to eat at the bar... so Dan & I headed down to Columbia City for dinner at our favorite neighborhood spot - El Sombrero. I had another margarita, as well as the overwhelmingly portioned Seafood Chimichanga. It's delicous, but a meal I should eat half of and take the rest home for lunch or a midnight snack.

No comments: