Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chipotle Guacamole Enchiladas



Tonight we put a spin on a quick & easy recipe we concocted for enchiladas.



We whipped up some refried beans, with a bit of cheese and some chipotle peppers stirred in, to give us something to snack on while we made dinner and waited for the enchiladas to bake.



For the enchiladas, we warmed up some small (taco size) corn tortillas in a skillet. While those were warming, I made a mixture of tofu cream cheese (that I bought for last night's vegan dinner) with chipotle peppers to create a creamy, spicy spread. I spread a small amount inside each corn tortilla, then squirted in some store bought guacamole, rolled them up, and put them in a 9x9 baking dish. After I filled the dish, I poured on some tomatillo salsa, the remaining cream cheese mixture, and a couple handfuls of mozzerella, and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350... though I think it needs to go higher next time to get the cheese melted and browned a bit. Maybe I'll try 400 next time.



I also took the leftover brownies, and poured on a mixture of raspberries and icing that I blended together into a sauce.



No comments: