Saturday, March 1, 2008

Smurfy Breakfast



Months ago, I found out that one of my favorite childhood cartoons was finally being released on DVD: The Smurfs. So I took advantage of the ability on Amazon.com to pre-order, and honestly forgot about it.



This week, the DVDs showed up, featuring the first 19 episodes. In honor of their arrival, my fiance and I ordered some of our favorite sugary-sweet breakfast cereals from Safeway.com, and made a plan to spend our Saturday morning watching cartoons and rotting out our teeth with Honeycomb and Fruity Pebbles. Today was the day, and it was fun to cuddle up on the couch with big bowls of cold cereal and watch the first 3 episodes - including one of my all-time favorite episodes, The Smurfette, which tells the story of how Gargamel created Smurfette to try to infiltrate the Smurf village so he could capture and eat them. It's always interesting to view the shows I watched religiously as a child through the more educated and experienced eyes of adulthood. I was happy to still find the episodes funny and engaging, and the animation suprisingly good.

No comments: