Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Personal Pizzas



Making my own pizza dough is something I enjoy doing, but after work I just don't have the time to wait for dough to rise. So we've begun to rely on store bought pizza dough - the kind that comes in the tube.

In our previous attempts to make pizzas and calzones using it, the crust ends up a little doughy, and too far from homemade tasting for me to consider it a success.

But tonight I decided to actually follow the primary instructions on the tube, rather than the alternate instructions. They suggest baking the crust for about 6 minutes first, then loading on the toppings, then baking it 6-11 minutes more. Turns out that's the trick to a much better tasting pizza, even if it's still not quite homemade.

I loaded my pizza up with red onion, mushrooms, olives, and boca breakfast sausage that I cooked then broke up on top. Dan did red onion, mushrooms, and two full chicken sausages, which created a huge mound on top that worried me, but he said it was perfect.

No comments: