Friday, June 27, 2008

Hawaiian Happy Hour!



Today I ended my first week back at work by accepting an offer for a new job (still at the same company, but in a new department). So to celebrate, Dan & I met up at Luau to enjoy their patio and their awesome happy hour prices.



Dan had already made it there (busing over from the UW) when I arrived, and he scored us a table out on the patio. He had also already secured himself a mai tai ($5 during happy hour). I joined him and ordered a pina colada (also $5)



After we chatted for awhile, and enjoyed our drinks and the sunny day, we ordered some dinner. We decided to stray from the happy hour menu, and truly celebrate with some of their fancy fare. I had the Sesame and Plum Crusted Ahi ($14.95), which reminded me of the furikake ahi I had in Kona.



Dan went for the NY Steak.



While outside, I butted into a conversation between two women at the next table. They were talking about self publishing, so I mentioned CreateSpace to them - which is an Amazon.com company that allows you to upload your original content (books, CDs, DVDs), sell it on Amazon.com, and they'll print copies on demand. So there's almost no initial costs to get your book, CD, or DVD on the market and in the hands of customers.

But enough of the advertisement... the two women were really friendly, and multi-talented. TV, books, film, consulting, travel writing... you name it. We chatted about writing, acting, Hawaii, and marriage... then returned to our own meals and conversations. They also both gave me their cards, so I'll plug their work a bit more:

Wyatt Bardouille, Bardouille Productions

Whitney Keyes, Whitney Keyes Productions



Luau Polynesian Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments: