Monday, July 21, 2008

Apricot Glazed Pork Loin & Potatoes



Continuing my exploration of local meats, we picked up some pork chops from (you guessed it) SeaBreeze Farm and prepared it for dinner tonight.

We covered the chops in some apricot jam, then cooked them out on the grill for about 20 minutes - until the inside hit 160 degrees. I also chopped up some new potatoes, tossed them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted them at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. And while all that was going on, I chopped up some apricots, and sautéed them with a little brown sugar, which then went on top of the chops after they'd rested about 5 minutes.

For my first attempt at pork in years, I think they turned out pretty good. And I'm in love with simple roasted potatoes now. So easy and yet fulfilling.

No comments: