Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mostly Local Paella



Tonight we put together a paella using some anduille sausage, clams, hazelnuts, cherries, onion and peas from the farmers market, plus some arborio rice, garlic, veggie broth, and some canned tomatoes from the pantry.

I started with a recipe we've made before, but then just improvised on some of the ingredients. I swapped out the clams for the shrimp, threw the cherries & hazelnuts in with the tomatoes, and left out the red peppers.

I'd forgotten how spicy this recipe is! If I ever make it for company, I might need to dial down the cayenne and chili powder a bit. I think the clams kinda got lost in the shuffle of all the other flavors, and it might be better to use a seafood broth instead of veggie to heighten that flavor. But I loved the cherries and nuts in it.

No comments: