Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beer, Cracker Jacks, & Garlic Fries



This is my last week at my current job (moving to a new team on Monday), and my great boss took the whole team out to a Mariner's baseball game this afternoon - and bought us beer and food. I initially tried to be both thrifty and reserved, and got a Miller Lite and some Cracker Jacks (the prizes are sad these days).



But during a second beer run, our boss returned with a stack of garlic fries baskets for everyone, and one of the baskets ended up in my lap. I must've smelled horrible by the end of the night. Oddly enough, they serve the fries with a couple slices of apple on the side. I'm not sure if it's a nod to the local producers, or if eating apple slices after several cloves worth of garlic is supposed to diminish the garlic breath. Something to look more into, I guess.



Although the Mariners lost it in the end to the Red Sox, we all had a blast at the game. I was super rowdy (surprise, surprise), and my friends Yarrow and Jen bought me a giant pink foam #1 finger to wave - which landed me on the JumboTron TV!

No comments: