Saturday, July 12, 2008

Talk to La Palma



Today, after spending some time walking around Discovery Park (my first time in at least a decade, and Dan's first time ever), we hit one of Dan's favorite out of the way Family Mexican restaurants, called La Palma. It's right on Elliot way, a bit North of the Magnolia Bridge.



We got a table at the windows, facing Elliot, but there seemed to be seating in at least 2 other areas on various levels. The layout is confusing (you enter half way up and then we walked through what seemed like a service area), but I liked that it broke up the space and you felt some degree of privacy. And they didn't skimp on the tacky Mexican decorations. Parrots and planters everywhere! I had to try the margaritas, of course, which were the out-of-a-bottle-mix-style, but also very strong.



For my lunch, I went with the Camerones a la Diabla, partly because I love saying it. It was a generous portion for lunch - far more than I could eat - but exactly what I expected.



La Palma Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: