Friday, August 15, 2008

Luau



As a start-of-vacation treat to ourselves (and because we needed to get our energy up for a homecoming party that didn't start til 10pm), we headed up North to one of our favorite spots: Luau Polynesian Lounge in Greenlake.



I started off, as usual, with their Classic Pina Colada ($8.95 regular price, $5.00 happy hour), while Dan was a bit more adventurous - trying the Val's Blue Paradise ($6.95), which he really liked. It's a combination of Citron vodka, lemonade, and blue curacao.



I decided to get more adventurous myself, and went for the Loco Moco w/ Spam ($9.99). I was blown away by how much I liked the grilled Spam steaks. They quite literally melted in my mouth - the pig lard that holds the whole shebang together just dissolved on my tongue amidst the smokey, salty flavor. Perfect with some rice, eggs, gravy, pickled ginger and a little hot sauce. A bit filling, but nothing a little walk around Greenlake after dinner couldn't fix.



Dan went with the BLTA ($9.99), which is a Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Avocado sandwich on a Macrina Bakery baguette.

And both our dishes were served with, of course, a scoop of their delicious shrimp macaroni salad.

No comments: