Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bacon Burgers & Oatmeal Peach Cobbler



For dinner tonight, I made bacon cheeseburgers on the grill. The bun was a ciabatta, which ended up being a little thick and hard for it's role, but the real challenge was the pile of toppings.

In addition to the ground beef patty (from Skagit River Ranch in Sedro Wooley), which I stuffed with chile gouda from Samish Bay Creamery, I also topped it with chipotle cheddar (also from Samish Bay), lettuce from Alm Hill Gardens in Everson, tomatoes from our garden, bacon from Wooly Pigs, onion from another local farm, and guacamole.





I also decided to make up some dessert for us, using some leftover peaches we didn't use to make our breakfast bread this week. I chopped up three peaches, then cooked them in a pot with some sugar and water, just to soften them a bit. I put half that mixture in each of two ceramic ramekins, which I then topped with oatmeal cookie dough made using the classic 'Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook' recipe. I put them in the oven (I should've put them on a baking sheet first) and baked them for about a half hour at 375 degrees - basically looking for the cookie dough to get browned and crisp on the top. After they cooled a bit, we busted into the top with a fork and enjoyed.

No comments: