Monday, March 9, 2009

Carolyn's Seafood Souffle



The last time I tried to make Seafood Souffle - a recipe given to us by Dan's Mom - I read it wrong and doubled the amount of crackers - making it more frittata-esque than souffle-ish, even after I added more eggs and milk. But this time, Dan & I followed the recipe precisely, and it turned out great. I won't say it was as good as Carolyn's, but it was definitely tasty.

I think it needs a side dish the next time we make it. Carolyn usually serves it as the vegetarian entree option at family dinners, along with veggies, potatoes, salad and other delicious fixings. We made it by itself, and I was a bit hungry afterward.

Carolyn's Seafood Souffle
3 eggs, beaten
1 Tbspn mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups milk
1 lb crab and/or shrimp
1/4 lb saltine crackers, crushed
Chives and parsley for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients, except garnish, in a large bowl. Pour into an 8x8 pyrex baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped chives and parsley.

No comments: