Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lamb Kebabs & Couscous



They make a mean potato, and are incredibly friendly, but one of the other things we love about Olsen Farms is their Lamb Kebab meat.



Lamb seems like the perfect carnivorous celebration of the start of Spring, so we picked some up from Olsen Farms and put together a Moroccan inspired dinner tonight. I mixed up equal parts of cumin, coriander, fennel, mint, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper, and then rubbed it into the lamb meat before threading them onto skewers with chunks of yellow & red bell pepper and some red onion. I put that all on our indoor grill, and then got started on the couscous. I love that couscous takes just 5 minutes to prepare - but seem to forget about it as a quick and simply starch to add to any dish. I tossed the cooked couscous with some chopped tomato, cucumber, and yellow pepper before serving.

I loved how bright and colorful the plate was - perfect for our Spring celebration - and loved how juicy and flavorful the lamb was. I think we'll be eating lamb a lot while the season continues.

No comments: