Monday, June 29, 2009

Hawai'i Day Seventeen: Burgers



I woke up feeling not-so-good today, and we didn't really have any plans besides hitting the hot pond down the street again, so we laid low around the house today and had a 'resort day'.

I finished Free (which got my brain working on all sorts of ideas and helped me understand a little more about economics), did some palm frond weaving, and hot tubbed a bit. We also finished True Blood Season One, which was great. We've had some sneak peeks at Season Two here at the house (they have HBO), but will have to wait until it's out on DVD to find out what happens.

By dinner time, I was feeling like myself again, mostly, and went forward with our plan to make burgers with bacon, pepper-jack, onion, and avocado, and a side of hash browns. All the grilling and frying ended up setting off the two smoke alarms in the kitchen/dining/living area of the house, despite all the fans, which made for some excitement around dinner time. Even the dogs across the street got in on the fun, barking over the alarm. Thankfully, Dan got them under control while I got dinner finished.



(Dan's writing all about our trip over at our other blog, The Dans In Hawai`i, so I'll just stick to writing what I know: food.)

No comments: