Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mediterranean Chicken



Tonight's meal plan said 'Mediterranean Chicken' - but I wasn't exactly sure what to make. I thought about getting in touch with a certain Greek friend who sometimes reads this blog for ideas - then remembered I was recently given a copy of Michael Psilakis' oxymoronically titled cookbook, How to Roast a Lamb: New Greek Classic Cooking. From it, I used the marinade ingredients for a pan roasted chicken dish to inform my own ingredients choices.

Pairing it with a store bought saffron rice and oven roasted zucchini, I cooked shallots, garlic and thyme in olive oil, then added the chicken breasts and seared them on one side. Then I added lemon juice and capers and let it cook (covered) for about 10 minutes - tossing in chopped tomatoes about half-way through.



No comments: