Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Toasted Sesame Rice Crusted Salmon



Although I've switched to not posting every day (for now I'll primarily be focusing on new recipes, special events, and new restaurants), I did want to share this discovery, which loosely falls under the new recipes category, I suppose.

For dinner tonight - which consisted of the classic salmon/potato/veggie trio - I wanted to try something a little different. I tossed a handful of rice and a couple tablespoons of sesame seeds in a dry skillet and toasted them until brown and aromatic, then ground them down to a powder. I added some salt, pepper and onion powder to the mix. Then I mixed one egg white with a tablespoon or so of cornstarch, dipped my salmon pieces (skin and all) in the egg white mixture, then dredged them in the ground mixture and pan seared them on both sides. The crust was really effective and flavorful, and really transformed the salmon.

No comments: