Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gettin' my Pumpkin Fix



My husband doesn't like pumpkin, so when the leaves start turning and the wind starts blowing here in Seattle, I start fiending for a little pumpkin fix.



Thankfully, the bakeries & coffee shops in my building embrace seasonal flavors with gusto, so I have lots of options this month. So far I've indulged in a Mini Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake and a Pumpkin Walnut Muffin from Specialty's, and a Pumpkin Scone from Starbuck's. I'm sure there's also a pumpkin latte in my future (even though I don't usually drink coffee - my pumpkin need is that strong). And I've spotted some pumpkin looking items in the case at Tully's that might require some of my attention soon.



UPDATE: Today I made use of a gift card to enjoy a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin at Starbuck's, and the nice woman who served me warmed it up so the cream cheese was just a tiny bit melty and the whole muffin just melted in my mouth. I highly recommend it.

No comments: