Saturday, November 20, 2010

Island Soul - In a Bowl!



We headed into Columbia City today for an early dinner, and landed on Island Soul. I'm glad we did, because we were about the only folks there, and the staff and owner were really fun to chat with - and they even took our picture!



I went for the 'Island Soul In a Bowl' entree - which includes samplings of 4 of their favorite dishes: Oxtail Stew,



Curry Goat,



Jerk Chicken,



And Red Beans & Rice.



The Oxtail was my favorite, though the goat and chicken were close runners-up. I was happy that the Jerk Chicken lived up to it's name, offering lots of spice & heat - unlike "jerk" chicken at many other Seattle places, which are bland, bland, bland.



Dan went for the Street-Side Prawns.



And I couldn't resist trying the coconut corn muffins, which were as heavenly as Calvin (Seattle's top Foodspotter) has said they were.



They also convinced us to get some collard greens, which were good - but lacked the ham hock/bacon type flavor I've come to expect.

Island Soul on Urbanspoon

No comments: