Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sushi Delivery?



I stayed home from work today, not feeling great, so Date Night turned into Dinner & a Movie at home, courtesy of 2goservices and Dupont, Washington's Sushi & Teriyaki.



I had some concerns about ordering sushi from a delivery service, but figured I'd give it a try. I'm happy to report that the sushi arrived cold and the teriyaki Dan ordered arrived hot. I stuck with simple rolls: Spicy Tuna, Scallop, and a Veggie Roll.



Both the tuna and scallop rolls were tasty, but the veggie roll was a bit cumbersome (falling apart easily), and lacked much flavor at all. It was essentially a cheap salad (white button mushroom, cabbage & iceberg lettuce, and a little cucumber) rolled in rice. With a little soy sauce & wasabi, it was more palatable.



Dan's Chicken Breast Teriyaki was good (I snagged a bite), and came with rice, miso soup, and a little salad. My three rolls turned out to be too much for dinner, so I packed up Dan's salad and some leftover rolls for lunch tomorrow - with plenty of wasabi.



Sushi Teriyaki on Urbanspoon

No comments: