Saturday, February 5, 2011

So THIS is what First Class is Like!



Due to big projects on both our plates throughout Spring/Summer/Fall 2010, followed by the Holiday peak season at my work, we weren't able to sneak in a real vacation until 2011. So we decided if we had to wait that long to get back to Hawaii, we deserved to splurge a bit.



First on the splurge list was our introduction to flying First Class. Hawaiian Airlines is already rated #1 among US airlines, so my expectations were high for a great experience in the 'big seats' at the front of the plane.



Things kicked off nicely with a glass of champagne while we waited for the folks in the 'cheap seats' to load into the plane - though I was a little disappointed that while I sat in my aisle seat, I got kind pummeled by over-sized luggage that was clearly not carry-on appropriate. Did I mention the champagne came in a glass. A real glass, glass?



Next up, one of our flight attendants laid a tablecloth over our tray table, and brought us a ceramic bowl of mixed nuts and dried fruit, and a glass of water. Again, a GLASS of water, with a wedge of lemon.



After a little while - but before Coach even got their $5 mini bottles of wine - we were brought our brunch, featuring a dishes by Honolulu Chef Chai Chaowasaree.

I dug in first to the Scrambled Eggs "Magda" with toast points and sausage.



Then I dug into the Bananas Foster Crepe Bundle with Maple Rum sauce. And then I started dipping the fresh fruit plate into the leftover rum sauce. I wanted to try a little of everything, so I had a bite of my muffin - which was just a simple bran muffin with raisins. Soon after, my flight attended decided I was done, and took away my plate without asking (a little weird for first class, no?).

The food was delicious, and I'm very much looking forward to the trip home, when I know what to expect and will get to enjoy some dinner and cocktails on our trip home.

No comments: