Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beba's Fix in SLU



After another run along Lake Union today in the beautiful (and all too transient) Seattl esunshine, I made my way over to Yale Avenue - home of REI. But it wasn't about carabiners and camping gear for me today... I was seeking out Beba's Deli.



The move of my office to SLU has opened up a lot of food options, but there are going to be a couple places back at Columbia Tower that I'll miss. One of those was Beba's & Amigos - a little restaurant at the Municipal Tower with cheap, fresh Mexican fare and deli sandwiches. I was so happy to discover another outpost of Beba's in the SLU area - this one serving an even wider range of cuisines, from Mexican to Italian to Indian... and even some fusion offerings, like the Texas Tijuana Taco Penne pasta.

I didn't get quite that adventurous, opting for the carne asada quesadilla - a favorite at the downtown Beba's. It was just what I expected and just what I wanted, and I'm very glad my Beba's fix is only a few blocks away.



Beba’s Deli and CafĂ© with Dos Amigos Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: