Sunday, March 2, 2008

40 Years at Anthony's



We just got home from a celebration dinner at Anthony's Home Port Restaurant in Kirkland. My parents have been happily married for 40 years, and wanted to celebrate with their kids. So my sister, my fiance and I met up with them for dinner. My brother-in-law didn't make it, but we tried not to let this absence dampen our spirits. We had a nice seafood dinner with a great view of the boats on Lake Washington. My fiance & I got there a bit early, and took the opportunity to walk around Kirkland a bit. They have a great waterfront park, and just before sunset it was full of folks walking their dogs, families with young kids watching the ducks, and couples holding hands and walking along the water. We also spotted a tiki bar - Tiki Joe's Wetbar - that we'll definitely have to go back to Kirkland for.



At Anthony's, I ordered the Mahi Mahi Tacos, and my fiance ordered the Hawaiian Duet - a pairing of mahi mahi with macadamia nut butter with coconut shrimp. I also ordered (and was most excited about) their 'Ahi Nachos' as a starter, which are taro chips with Ahi Poke, Pineapple chutney, and a wasabi sauce. Unfortunately, our waitress forgot to put in the order for the nachos, so I'll have to try them next time. In fact, they were kind enough to give me a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert next time we're there, due to the mix up. My tacos, which came with taro chips, turned out to be plenty of food, so I was almost glad to not have the appetizer. And along with Tiki Joe's, the free dessert is a great excuse to make the trip over the lake for another afternoon in Kirkland. Sounds like a pina colada and some blackberry cobbler is in my future.

My fiance said he enjoyed the mahi mahi, but that it wasn't as good as the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi I make (with mango lime butter). But the coconut shrimp apparently came with a great spicey sauce.



Anthony's Homeport (Kirkland) on Urbanspoon

No comments: