Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Krab Melts and Carrot Salad



Tonight it's Dan's turn to be under the weather, so I'm glad tonight's meal was another quick one, and something that he loves.

Last night, we made up the Moroccan Carrot Salad and put it in the fridge to marinate overnight. We couldn't find our usual ciabatta rolls at the store this time around, so we used hoagies. In light of that, I decided to forego the usual crumbling of the fake crab, and instead I just cut it into hot dog sized pieces, and layed them in the buns before loading on the jalapenos and cheese. I also used some leftover black olives on mine, to try something new. After that, I just threw it all under the broiler for a few minutes and served it up.

I also spent some time working on a little baking project, but I can't reveal what until Friday. It's a surprise!

(See previous post for recipes.)

No comments: