Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not Spanikopita Carbonara



We were planning to make spanikopita tonight, but we forgot to defrost the filo dough, so we were left without a plan. But we assessed what was in the pantry and fridge, and Dan suggested a carbonara to use up the remaining bacon, and make use of some egg noodles. I threw in some frozen peas, and used some of the yummy Sea Breeze Farm eggs. I also made a quick roux from some butter and flour, added some minced garlic, and then some raw milk (also from Sea Breeze) and some white cheddar (from Appel farms), to create a white cheddar garlic cream sauce. Just a bit - only enough to add a little flavor, but not to drown the pasta.

It turned out really good (if I do say so myself), and we had enough that it's going to be good leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I guess that'll make it leftover leftovers.

No comments: