Sunday, August 23, 2009

Red Robin Fix



After spending the evening at FP & JJ's place, which is just 3 doors down from Red Robin, Dan & I couldn't get the idea of a big, juicy burger and thick cut fries out of our heads. Today we grabbed the light rail downtown, and went to the Red Robin on the piers. It was a sunny day, and the crowds of tourists and locals were out in force - with one particularly large crowd for a cruise. Based on the signs being held by some of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, it was something called Northern Xposure - which is apparently a weekend of events that raises money for Lambert House, Seattle's LGBT youth center. I have some great memories of Lambert House when I was a teen - and some more recent memories from when a coworker invited me to help make dinner for the youth one night. Although I'm clearly completely out of touch with what's going on in the Seattle gay scene, I'm glad to know events raising money for such a great place are going on.



After making our way through the sea of muscle bears and drag queens, we got our burger fix. I went for the Burnin' Love Burger, which wasn't as spicy as I'd hoped, but the deep fried jalapenos on top were an interesting addition. Perfect for the day before my physical, no?

2 comments:

Same Same But Different-A travel spot. said...

Red Robin is responsible for the extinction of unicorns. Shame on them.

what's cookin', good lookin'? said...

Is THAT what makes their special seasoning mix so delicious? I always thought it was MSG!