Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tequila, Tacos, and Apples to Apples



Tonight we got to enjoy an evening over at FP & JJ's place. Things started off with an impromptu tequila tasting, since they have so many varieties and wanted to make sure we picked one we really liked. I went for FP's favorite, while Dan had a smokier one. They were all amazing, and gave us some serious perspective on Cuervo & Sauza.



Drinks in hand, we made our way to their back porch, which has an amazing view of the Portage Bay cut and University bridge. JJ cooked up some carne asada on the barbecue, and we all sat down to a dinner of really, really delicious tacos. (I knew they'd be putting my ground pork ones to shame.)



Knowing our love all things Hawaiian, FP picked up some taro mochi to snack on, which were sweet and delicate and so good. And for dessert #2, we had some watermelon, which Dan later noted may have won him over to watermelon, because he really liked it.



After a rousing game of Apples to Apples, we indulged in dessert #3: margarita cupcakes I brought.



I know I've already gushed about how happy I am to be hanging out with FP again, but I really can't say it enough.



1 comment:

Same Same But Different-A travel spot. said...

Swell times indeed. Thanks for hanging out and let's do it again soon. Those cupcakes rocked Portage Bay that day.