Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pho Bac



My friends Adam and Robert met me for lunch today - a semi-regular, yet far to infrequent occurrence (we're working on that). Both Adam & I were feeling under the weather, so Robert suggested a couple Pho places, with Pho Bac coming out on top.

I hadn't been back to Pho Bac in maybe years now (really?!), but was pleased to see the same staff and familiar menu items that I remember from our frequent visits when I worked closer by. It'd been so long, I'd never tried anything but the vegetarian pho, so this time I tried out the chicken in the more traditional beef broth (Pho Ga). I added plenty of jalapeno slices, basil, and sprouts, plus generous amounts of hoisin and chili-garlic sauces, doing my best to sweat out the cold I could feel creeping up on me (update: it didn't work). The chicken was good, but I think I've come to associate Pho with tofu and veggies, so in the end I wished I'd had the Pho Chay, like Robert did.



Pho Bac III on Urbanspoon

No comments: