Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mazatlan Birthday Brunch



Today we got together with my folks and my sister for a little birthday brunch. Since my Mom's following a really strict diet to try to alleviate some of the pain she endures, we went with a restaurant I've been wanting to check out, which also hopefully would have options she could enjoy: Mazatlan in Renton.



It may have been brunch, but it was also my birthday, dammit - so I ordered a Mexican beer in a frosty mug. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one, so I didn't seem like a total lush.



For my meal, I went for the brunchiest thing I could find on the menu - an enchilada topped with sunny-side-up eggs.



Truth be told, they were a little more over-hard than sunny-side-up, but still a good addition to a classic enchilada. Mom was able to get something that fit her needs, too, and we had a great lunch together.

My family also got me a Wii for my birthday - something I've wanted a long time but couldn't justify buying for myself. I'm hopeful that it'll help me burn off some of the weight I've been packing on eating things like Sweet Potato ice cream and enchiladas topped with eggs!



Mazatlan Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: